“Coaching is not teaching, mentoring, training, or apprenticeship. It is a psycho-social process that facilitates a person’s growth, maturity, and development. It is based on the notion that the individual already possesses all that he/she needs to be successful. Coaching does not provide a client with qualities that are not already in their possession. Instead, coaching creates an awareness that allows people to realize their full potential – personally and professionally.” – Joel A. Brown
At Pneumos, we believe that the client is the ultimate source of wisdom for their own life. We advocate for our clients by connecting them to their core values, acknowledging their feelings, and creating safe and sacred space. We are certified by the Coach for Life teaching institution in San Diego, California, which relies on the highly-acclaimed “Life Fulfillment” Model. The only requirement we have for clients to work with us is a firm commitment to improving one’s life. We employ a holistic approach, focusing on the employee as both an indispensable part of the organization, and as an individual seeking greater self-realization. That’s as simple as it gets!
At Pneumos, our coaching clients fall into one of two broad categories: 1) corporate clients and 2) universal clients.
Replacing employees is expensive, far more expensive than positioning them as stakeholders in the company’s success. Our clients are encouraged to invest in their employees and to respect each employee’s role in achieving the organizational objective. We work primarily with several types of corporate candidates: 1) new entrepreneurs, 2) existing and emerging leaders, and 3) employees in distress.
If you are undecided as to whether coaching would benefit your organization, ask yourself the following questions:
- Is your organization facing fundamental change? Coaching can help you integrate changes seamlessly at every level of your organization. Coaching is particularly effective during mergers and acquisitions, capacity-building efforts, and reorganization.
- Do you want to improve the skill-set for employees moving into new positions?
Coaching is a vital resource for high-performing employees who have gained new responsibilities and authority. For example, an employee who is technologically-savvy may need to acquire leadership skills in order to manage her workforce. Coaching helps an employee build confidence in their new role, and increases the employee’s capacity to be an effective leader. Coaching enables emerging leaders to deal more effectively with a wider and more sophisticated range of organizational issues.
- Do your executives need to develop specific competencies? Maybe you have executives who want to become proficient in areas where their skills need improvement? Maybe your executives want to learn a new skill that will help your organization be more competitive? Coaching is a cost-effective way of giving your employees assistance to improve areas of deficiency.
- Does your organization have a particular challenge/problem it needs to resolve? Organizations don’t suffer because they have problems; they suffer because they wait too long to resolve them. If your organization is suffering from low-level behavior (attrition, tardiness, under-performance, insubordination, etc.), coaching can help you overcome organizational malaise and dysfunction to resolve issues in a timely and cost-efficient manner. Coaching can be done with individual employees, or organizational units/departments that are compromising the company’s overall objectives.
If you want the afore-mentioned results, then coaching is a viable option for you. We have extensive experience working with high-level professionals and executives. We believe that employees should be fully integrated into their work environment to facilitate great success and deep fulfillment.
Contact Joel to discuss your professional coaching needs.
We are pleased to partner with the following individuals to support them in their personal and professional journey:
- Young People (13-25)
- People Seeking a Career Change
- People Seeking Greater Spiritual Fulfillment
Naturally, one may ask: why did we choose these particular groups to work with? In a nutshell, we gravitate towards these types of people because at one point or another, we have walked on a similar path. We understand their journey and sensibilities, and value their contribution to the world. A coach is more effective when he has familiarity with the challenges, experiences, and worldview that his client may face. At the same time, we also gently challenge our clients to rethink their assumptions, to step outside their “comfort zone,” and to see beyond their current circumstances and envision a new reality.
Contact Joel to discuss your personal coaching needs.